Do you want to be a part of the best company in tabletop gaming? If you’re looking for a change in career, read on to find out more:
Trade Sales Manager
Battle Systems is looking for a sales manager to work with our retail and distribution partners, bringing our great games and terrain to tables around the world. You will help the stores grow their sales and support the Battle Systems team in developing and promoting our growing range.
- Build relationships with our existing stockists and manage their accounts, including:
- Advising on how to promote and sell our range
- Processing orders and handling warehouse and shipping queries
- Regular follow ups to ensure we understand their business needs
- Reach out to and build relationships with new customers to expand the network of retailers and distributors that carry our range
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service
- Maintain the retail range, ensuring that the latest order forms, product information, photos and other sales assets are always available to our customers
- Produce regular marketing communications to be sent via our email newsletter and other channels
- Develop a program of demo games and events to promote the range and encourage in-store play
- Attend events and conventions as part of the Battle Systems team
- Feed back to the team to help improve our products and processes for retail
- Produce regular reports to demonstrate your progress and highlight areas for the business to improve
- Stay up to date with the industry to identify and understand cross-selling opportunities
Battle Systems is a growing business with lots of potential, but at our current size the trade sales responsibilities will not yet take up all of your time. Until we grow to the point that they do, the role will also include a range of ad-hoc tasks to support the business. It is not essential that a candidate can accomplish all of these tasks, but they are desirable. Training will be provided where required.
- Provide input on product design and presentation
- Assist with proofreading and playtesting
- Create supporting content such as game scenarios or assembly tutorials
- Update our website with new product information, including writing promotional blog posts for new releases
- Compose photography setups and take photos
- Carry out basic image processing tasks
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of a sales environment and the ability to influence others and promote our brand
- Have wide-ranging knowledge of the tabletop gaming market
- Be able to work efficiently under their own initiative
- Manage their time effectively, maintaining a detailed schedule of contacts and follow-ups while completing other flexible tasks
- Offer the highest standard of customer service, adapting their approach to each customer and situation
- Uphold Battle Systems’ reputation and values
- Communicate effectively with customers and the rest of the team
- Be eager to work in a growing business and influence our future prospects
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office or similar business software. Experience with Adobe Photoshop would be beneficial but is not required.
This is a UK-based remote role, so you will be required to work from home or a location of your choice. The ability to travel to Redditch, Worcestershire for meetings is desirable.
The role is full time, approximately 37.5 hours per week, but the exact hours and days can be flexible to fit around your lifestyle. This will also allow you to communicate with customers in different time zones. You will be required to work weekends to attend conventions and other events from time to time, and you will be given time off in lieu.
The role primarily involves using email and other digital communication. Equipment such as a computer and phone can be provided if required, but expenses can be paid for your own devices where appropriate.
The salary for this role is £24,000 p.a.
A performance-based bonus will be available after completion of a probationary period.
How to Apply
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and in your email please highlight why you believe you are suitable for the role.
The closing date for this vacancy is the 14th of November 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!