Sorry, this is a rather boring blog post – we need someone like you to write better ones… If you think you can help us out, read on!
Battle Systems is looking for a part-time freelance content creator – someone who can be passionate about our games and products and effectively communicate that to the world!
- Plan and write engaging and informative articles, email newsletters, social media posts and product listings.
- Create written supporting content for our games and products, including the creation and editing of new scenarios and gaming aids.
- Use basic image-editing software to create images and banners to accompany the written content.
- Be active in the online communities around our products to discover and share content and identify areas of focus.
- Physically demonstrate our modular terrain products, creating custom builds as a source of content.
- Communicate and collaborate with the rest of the Battle Systems team.
No specific experience or qualifications are required.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a very high standard of written English and the ability to communicate effectively in long and short form styles.
- Have wide-ranging knowledge of the tabletop gaming industry and current trends.
- Understand (or be able to learn about) every detail of our games and terrain products.
- Be able to work efficiently under their own initiative.
- Uphold Battle Systems’ reputation and values.
- Be eager to work in a growing business and influence our future prospects.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office or similar business software.
- Be proficient with basic image editing software (Colin may be a Photoshop wizard, but I currently make all our other images in MS Powerpoint, so I really do mean basic! -Stew).
The core of the role revolves around written content, but it would be beneficial (although not essential) for the successful applicant to have the confidence and enthusiasm to demonstrate our products in front of the camera, to create assembly tutorials, gameplay tutorials and unboxings in video form. Ideally, they would also be able to use basic video editing software to produce video content ready for publishing.
This is a remote role primarily managed via email and online messaging. It is open to applicants anywhere in the world, to work from home or a location of your choice.
This is a part-time freelance role. We expect an initial workload of approximately 4-8 hours per week. We can commit to a minimum of four hours per week, and more hours will be required around product launches and similar events or as the business grows. More hours would be offered for video content, if applicable.
The exact hours and days can be flexible to fit around your lifestyle and other work, as long as you can be available during UK office hours to share your content and feedback with the rest of the team.
As this is a freelance position, the applicant will be expected to have their own equipment and software, but expenses will be paid where appropriate (e.g. phone calls, postage etc).
The pay for this role is £13.50 per hour. You will receive free copies of all products required for any content you create, and a substantial discount on everything else!
How to Apply
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and in your email please highlight why you believe you are suitable for the role. Links to any previously created content would be appreciated, and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
The closing date for applications is Sunday the 4th of December.
We look forward to hearing from you!